Personal information is information about you, or which identifies you, such as your name, contact details, and records of your dealings with us. It includes sensitive information about you, such as health information.
The types of personal information that we typically collect include:
- Users of the Sleepfit Platform & Programs:Email address and responses to our questions in providing the Program to you. Where follow up is indicated, we may collect your phone numbers and work and home addresses.
- Business contacts:Your work contact details and information about our business relationship with you.
Why we handle your personal information
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to interact with you
- provide you with our services and products, including our Sleepfit Platform and Programs
- to maintain our business records
- to provide you with information about products and services that may be of interest to you
- any purpose required or permitted by law
- any purpose disclosed to you and to which you have consented
- any purpose that you would otherwise reasonably expect, and
- otherwise to run our business.
Collection of your personal information
We only collect personal information by lawful and fair means. We collect personal information directly from users when they engage with our Sleepfit Platform and Programs. In some cases, where it is unreasonable or impracticable to obtain your personal information directly from you, we will seek to obtain it from a third party, such as general practitioners and or medical specialists with whom we work.
Disclosing your personal information
We will not sell or rent any of your personal information with the exceptions below. We may disclose your personal information to third parties, such as:
- your agents or representatives, including your general practitioner or medical specialist.
- our service providers, including IT services, insurers, mailing houses
- our professional advisers, including lawyers, accountants and auditors, and
- government, regulatory and law enforcement authorities.
Where you are engaging with our Sleepfit Program through your employer, the information you provide to Sleepfit will be confidential. Your employer will not access any of that information, although we will report aggregated, anonymised information about employees to the employer.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
If you wish to gain access to, or seek correction of, the information that we hold about you, you may contact us on the details provided below. If we refuse access, we will provide you with a written notice explaining our reasons for refusing access and the provisions of the Privacy Act on which we base our refusal. We may seek to recover reasonable costs incurred for providing you with access the personal information that we hold about you.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information that we handle is accurate, up-to-date and complete. We encourage you to contact us on the details provided below to seek correction of the personal information we hold about you if you believe that it is inaccurate, outdated, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading. We are not obliged to correct any of your personal information if we do not agree that it requires correction and we may refuse to do so. If we refuse, we will provide you with a written notice explaining the basis for our refusal.
Security of your personal information
We hold your personal information in both paper-based and electronic files. Electronic information is stored on a secure third party server within Australia. We seek to ensure that personal information that we hold is protected from misuse, interference and loss caused by unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. Our employees and agents are obliged to treat any personal information held by us confidentially.
Sleepfit will retain all health-related information in electronic format only and for a period of at least 7 years and may thereafter dispose electronically
We may use the personal information that we hold about you, including your contact details, to provide you with information about products and services that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving all or certain types of marketing information from us at any time by contacting us on the details provided below.
Questions and complaints
You may also lodge a complaint with the Office of Australian Information Commissioner by calling 1300 363 992 or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.